View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 09:47 AM
gazoo34
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: "Hey Dumb Dumb"
Default Educate new pilots

Originally Posted by jumpman View Post
So LaMar gave the PDP presentation at my school in Bend, OR the other day. He showed off the shiny new jets and Horizon's proud history. At the same time he even subtly remarked that Horizon has the lowest pay in the industry and is desperate for pilots. They want to hold job interviews in a few months and if selected you will get $7500 as a training stipend, then a $10,000 bonus and a 2 year commitment once your ATP mins are met. I have to admit even I was a little excited and there were a lot of doe-eyed students in the room, something like 30-40 people signed up to be contacted about interviews. I'm glad I came here first though. Thanks for the heads up on the situation, it's like a tragic story that I can't put down. I'll be sure to let my classmates know to check this thread out before they make any decisions, maybe if we can keep QX from suckering a bunch of new pilots they will improve things, or just go under. Hope things get better for you guys.
Jumpman you are correct, an educated “new” pilot will make the right decision. This thread has become a teaching point in my class. If new pilots don’t go to Horizon they will either fold or change.