View Single Post
Old 01-31-2017, 07:48 AM
DashTrash
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: SFO Guppy CA

Originally Posted by Bucknut View Post
The fact that a Union whether it is ALPA or IBT is suing the company for extra pay is outrageous. APLA and IBT failed to give a crap about new hire pay for a long time. Now that it is affecting hiring and the company is trying to lure pilots with a bonus that many other Regionals are offering says one thing. Your failure and short-sightedness are apparent and just because you do not have control over it and decide to sue the company makes the union look stupid!!! I understand CBA's and there is nothing in the CBA that says you can not offer additional compensation. Is the bonus fair to other pilots, the answer is no. Pilots have ask not only is this contract good for me but ask is it also good for the profession as a whole. For the record, I for not work for Horizon and I wish everyone there the best of luck,
First of all, I do agree with you on the fact that it was short sighted on respective unions to not negotiate the possibility of unfair pay based upon need rather than contractual language. Especially since the impending pilot shortage was at their doorstep. However, I believe that QX was negotiating under Section 6 and "status quo" is applicable here. That is the main reason for the law suit, from what I understand. It's gonna be interesting to see how the Court rules.