View Single Post
Old 02-04-2017, 10:07 PM
StillFlying
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by gasnhaul View Post
OK...I'll throw ya some info. I was hired a year ago...

Base...Memphis unless you are asked if you would like a 75 to Cologne. I had someone recently ask me about the MD fleet and base assignment. You WILL NOT get LAX. Not sure about ANC but doubt it. A couple of my classmates bid for and were awarded ANC in the big bid we had last year.

Fleet wise you'll be hand picked for the MD and then asked if you'd like to fly it. Those folks typically are previously type rated in the fleet, flew C17s or KC135s or F18s. This could change but it's how it worked for my class and others I know.

If you don't go to the MD you will be racked and stacked according to the last 4 of your social...highest number wins. They'll then start with number 1 and tell him /her to pick one of the available planes. This varies by class so you could get all 777s, all 757s or anything in between. So I'd highly suggest speaking with someone here to figure out which fleet would be the best fit for you (BTW this will happen on day 1 for the Boeing /Airbus folks so already have your picks rank ordered when you show).
Slight differences from the last few months:

- As of recent, you get a "dream sheet" sent to you to fill out and return prior to Indoc. It just has you rank MEM 77, 76, 75, Airbus one through four. It needs to be submitted 1 or 2 weeks prior...forgot how many. A few days prior to class starting you MAY get an email asking if you want to go to an FDA or IND. The MD-11 guys were given their assignment and told to show up a day prior to get that extra day of seniority. But you know your assignment a few minutes after showing up on Day 1.

- Speaking of the -11, a few new hires have gone to ANC. Not sure if they asked or were just given the assignment, but it can happen.

SF