View Single Post
Old 02-14-2017, 03:47 AM
JesuitValen
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Originally Posted by jules11 View Post
This is what they had us do this past Sunday at JFK. Had we actually gotten pushed back, I would've continued as planned once the conditions fell below FZRA (which it did not too long after). However, at the gate with no push crew to be found, we complied and opened up the door.
When they told me that the plan was to sit there with the door open indefinitely, I said no, we're going to deplane. They actually put up a little bit of a fight saying "ops wants everyone to remain on board." I said no, they're getting off, made the announcement to the pax myself saying I was going to have them deplane, and it was done.
Weve got memos about this somewhere. The company (edv) position is not to sharpshoot the stupid DOT rule, because faa is like honeybadger and it don't give a f. Once the jetbridge door up top is closed the pax are effectively sealed off, but there's no way to measure that time so we use door time. If at any time the pax cannot get off the plane, even if the door is open, you are holding them and it'll go against the DOT time when the pax complain to a judge.

NY was ground zero for the Jetblue Valentine's Day mascre, don't go begging for a FAA beatdown. Normally I'd say "sorry" and shrug but I'm not even sorry. Don't try to or, be talked into a technicality that won't hold up in court, you arent the first airline to try that crap. I know we are all special little snowflakes that are superpilots and part time lawyers, but you're gonna get a beat down and no one cares that "ops made me do it" sniffle. That $8 an hour guy will keep his job and do it to another crew.