View Single Post
Old 02-16-2017, 01:39 PM
CODs4ever
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015

Originally Posted by schmohawk View Post
You missed the whole point. What is the pay difference between year 10 and year 1 FO pay on the md 80 at big d?

Say delta takes all the regional flying in house tomorrow. You'd probably still fly the regional planes as long as you would have been employed at a regional, maybe 5-10 years if you're a civilian. But now when your number comes up to flying something bigger they pay you that 5-10 year rate for the bigger plane vs hiring you when they need you to fly the bigger plane at year one. Also , the longer they make us stay at the regionals , is that many less years of capped out pay. I say burn it down
Is senior airline CA pay (any 121 carrier) supposed to be based upon how many dollars/passenger one is paid? I doubt it, but if you use that formula, a 900 CA earns the same dollars/pax as a 777 CA. Not saying it should be that way, just that it is when looking at 9E vs DL.

I didn't compare it against all aircraft, just the 900 vs the 777. Comes to about $1.51 per person per hour. Don't flame me, just pointing out a metric, nothing more. It doesn't make any sense on the low end....after all, who would fly four private passengers in a private small twin for just $6/hour?