View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 01:29 AM
Otterbox
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: Gear slinger

Originally Posted by speed50 View Post
All,
Recently I had an accident that was contributed to inadvertent gear retraction on the runway during a touch and go that eventually resulted in an unsafe gear down indication and a subsequent collapsed of one of the main gear on the runway. Fortunately me and my crew were able to walk away injury free. I have always wanted to fly for an airline its been a dream of mine since i was a kid. Everything i have done up to this point has been tailored to me reaching that goal however, I don't want to waste the airlines time, or my own time and money if this accident is going to prevent me from even having any realistic chance at a flying job. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
I've been told by an interview prep company that at least one of the pilots involved in

https://theaviationist.com/2009/02/0...bagram-images/

Has received interview invites from major airlines.

Will your accident set you back? Possibly. Is it a deal ender? Probably not. Time heals most wounds. Be able to explain it, what you've learned etc. and have positive work experience since then. Folks make mistakes and there are plenty of flying jobs out there.