View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 09:47 AM
NewOldGuy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2016
Position: B767 FO

Originally Posted by MidLife View Post
Sorry - did not mean to imply that military gets a golden ticket to Legacy. Just that military guys with enough experience have what it takes, trainability, knowledge of complex systems, experience etc. to qualify straight to legacy - 1500 hr CFIs are at a different level of knowledge and experience, and have to gain pertinent experience at a regional/135/fractional first....

No problem. I wasn't reading it as a grudge or complaint, and wasn't taking any offense. Just pointing out that sometimes the fact that years in the military isn't considered when people point out military guys "skip" the regionals. We all (mostly) pay our dues one way or another.

Having had the benefit of the military, I will say I appreciated the fact that I didn't go $100k in debt and financially suffer the way regional guys have had to for the past decade and a half. I'm amazed by some of the stories I've heard and the appreciation I have now for an industry issue (I was admittedly blind to) is even greater! But we still sacrificed in different ways and still "earned" our experience that will get us hopefully to the same legacies someday.

We're all (mil and civ) just pilots who love flying and are climbing the same ladder. Hopefully we can help each other up it rather than trying to knock each other off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk