View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 04:47 PM
lear 31 pilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: Left

Originally Posted by Davetastic View Post
It seems as though you would take a regional job right now would you not? If Atlas is so pathetic why don't you leave? (rhetorical). In other words, Atlas is working for you right now so that is why Atlas is the best option for YOU....currently. If you have your apps out then obviously Atlas is a second choice. If you'd rather be at a regional or a 135 or another 121 and have applied but the phone isn't ringing ......." a bird in the hand.....". But to say that someone should take a regional job because it has a signing bonus and "flow through" (flow hasn't existed for years....it's called a CPP and it's subject to limitations depending on carrier), undermines one's position if they say one thing and do another.

I am not going to come on this forum and say a candidate should do this or that because I have no idea what is driving a particular persons decision making. Atlas works for ME and me alone for my particular situation. If any one of a multitude of variables changes in my situation then I will re-evaluate my decisions. I'll give my experience about Atlas but I will never say to anyone what they should or shouldn't do because it will all have been based on my life components and not someones else's.

To say Atlas is a "toxic work environment" in my opinion is a falsehood. If that were the case then the company would be subject to lawsuits. I come to work, the company follows the contract. When they don't, I decline to accept new pattern. Period. I have never been called in the the Chiefs office for declining. I have never flown with a crew that has had such a difference of opinion that has made it unsafe or "toxic". And if your opinion of a "toxic" work environment doesn't mean unsafe then how can it be SOOOO toxic"?

Bottom line: We are underpaid. We need better work rules. .....OH and EVERYONE SHOULD STAY AWAY FROM ATLAS AND I HOPE I GET FURLOUGHED BECAUSE THIS PLACE IS A SINKING SHIP AND I WANT TO BE UNEMPLOYED.....yada yada yada..... (sarcasm here in case I need to explain).

And before you come unglued Globemaster.....this post isn't for you personally, it's for ALL those who feel this way.
Good post, like most things in this current internet based Alternative fact world most things are somewhere in the middle. That being said my motivation to help these fools in Purchase at all has been zero ever since they quit negotiating, and yes my apps are out at all the Legacies, and FedEx, UPS. But for most of us it's not as easy as just getting on next month at United/Delta, though it may get like that soon. My main objective is not to judge any new hire as not worthy of being at Atlas, that will not help our case, though I have quit recommending anyone come here.