View Single Post
Old 02-18-2017, 11:24 AM
aviate1971
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post
The schedule is great here if you do the 7/7. Having a week off is awesome. You will greatly enjoy the schedule by comparison it sounds like. Sounds like you're typed in a large cabin airplane. I highly suggest you find a large cabin job.
Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post
The schedule is great here if you do the 7/7. Having a week off is awesome. You will greatly enjoy the schedule by comparison it sounds like. Sounds like you're typed in a large cabin airplane. I highly suggest you find a large cabin job.

I wish, not typed in any large cabin airplane, just go to and live in really, really ****ty locations. I'm sure I would enjoy the schedule, well maybe in the end I think I would work more days but be home on a more regular bases. I can't seem to nail down the real bottom line pay for the years: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. Yes the pay is posted for each schedule, but with all the little caveats and carve outs (overtime, late home, per diem, etc). I know year one sucks, no matter the company year one always sucks, but years after it usually improves quickly. I could take some steps back as long as the steps start catching up at some point. Also I saw something about only 5 upgrades this year, is that a joke? What are they really? Without the rumor mill (mandatory retirement etc, not going to happen unless the old guys start dropping planes on a regular bases or there is some high profile incident) I don't particularly care about being in charge, I have more then enough TT (6000) PIC (3700) Turbine PIC (2400), 5 types, at this point it's about QOL and money. I would love a fast upgrade, who wouldn't, but I also want the money, yes the money would be there if the upgrade came but if the upgrade is not fast how much can the bottom line look like at the the above years? Sorry for the wordiness, thanks again