Old 02-25-2017, 06:47 AM
Falcon900pilot
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2013
Position: 900LX Captain

Originally Posted by cobalt650 View Post
Corporate job at 130-150k, vs legacy airline, starting at age 50. Ready--------go!
What's your time? How does it break down? I've found corporate a lot more satisfying than flying airline. The guys here who are saying how stable and predictable airline flying is, are correct, but I found that kind of "flying" (which you really don't do much of -- more like systems management) excruciatingly boring.

Kind of like driving a bus imho. Just going from airport to airport and hotel to hotel. Repeat times (number of days on) rinse and repeat. Depending on the airframe you are on (small cabin / large cabin), corporate flying can be humdrum or pretty kick ass - all depends. Going to Conroe, TX is a whole lot different than going to Innsbruck, Austria...

I instruct full time and contact part-time. Pays the bills quite nicely and I pick and choose my trips when I get the itch to get out and fly.

Perfect for me (for now) and when that brass ring job rolls around, maybe I'll look at doing that. I like the flexibility I have for right now. Corporate isn't for everyone, it can be a pain in the ass depending on the department, but it can also be an extremely rewarding and lucrative job at the same time. When comes to the pure flying aspect of it, corporate wins hands down on the jet I fly (wide body/ international). Domestic on a Lear 35 may not be as fun.

Lot of variables there my friend...

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Falcon900pilot; 02-25-2017 at 06:59 AM.