View Single Post
Old 03-18-2006, 12:18 PM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by mistarose
Thank you, I am doing all my flight training at Central Washington University, I am a sophomore, but quite ahead on the flying. I'll be getting my CFII and Multi Junior year during school.

There is only two FBO's within close proximity, the one where I train at, where they will not hire me since they take this schools graduates and don't need any more CFI's, the FBO in Yakima south of here is my best option, of course I will apply there, and could even drive down and work part time durring school like you said - great idea.

Whats the best way to approach an FBO for such a job? I will write a cover letter, and attach my resume, should I call and talk to the Chief flight instructor, arrange a meeting with him or what?
I'd just walk in, probably late afternoon when folks have the time and mood to chat. Bring your resume, certs, logbook, and have your flight gear in your car. Wear slacks, button down and tie. Find out who the CP is so you know who to ask for. You could call in advance, but you might just get told "no thanks" over the phone. Even if he tells you no in person, he might remember you next month when 5 of his CFI's get the same class date (next Tuesday) at skywest

Last edited by rickair7777; 03-18-2006 at 12:20 PM.