View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 09:21 AM
155mm
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2014

Originally Posted by DirtyPurple View Post
I'll be very interested to see the data on when guys give a PE vs when that candidate is offered an interview under this new system. If it's as powerful as they're leading us to believe, it should be a silver bullet for an interview.

If it's not, then they just castrated the pilot corps's ability to recommend anyone. "Once every decade, you can throw a name in the hat if you makes you feel better. And by hat, we mean that circular filing bin over in the corner next to the recycle container."
This whole thing is ridiculous! The airline industry is hiring at a record rate and a "silver bullet" recommendation holds very little if any weight in deciding who the company will interview in the near future.

Those I've been recommending for years now have a great job and one even told me not to waste my "bullet". I'm glad they are flushing the old system down the drain. The fact is, people will apply as usual but their not going to wait around and they would be foolish to do so! So what's the point? Does it make the pilot group feel better having a pseudo say in who we hire? Instead of "silver bullet", we should call it powerball.

Last edited by 155mm; 03-01-2017 at 09:33 AM.