View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 07:43 AM
Urbandrone
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2015
Position: CRJ 200 CA

Originally Posted by gojo View Post
I would think that even you could see through that line of H.S. from management? I mean what is it now 5 or 6 vacancies without not one primary or secondary vacancy awarded to MSP or DTW 900 CA? I mean people are leaving those bases for other airlines or other Endeavor bases right? I'm not a rocket scientist, but that looks like shrinkage to me. Everyone has different perspectives, but to me it's more than a speck of dust
In the past 2 years we have seen our fleet grow by 25 aircraft, with 14 more to come online this year. Our pilot group has grown by more than 500, our upgrades went from 7 years to "as quick as you can get 1000 hrs" so pilots with no 121 experience upgrading within 20 months of hire date, 3 new domiciles, first year pay going from 22K to 60K, all pilots income increased by 23K per year, open time at a minimum of 150%, premium pay for seat support, OE trip buy off with 150% or time off, 2K referral bonus, the EFB's happened, recruiting hiring 60 new hires a month. In the past 2 years this airline has experienced a QOL enhancement far greater than most.

The shrinkage in DTW and MSP has happened slowly through attrition and no displacement. No one in management has mentioned anything about DTW and MSP not shrinking before this announcement. In the prior couple of years no one in management has told us an outright lie. While not everything has worked out perfectly I see this as a function of things not going as planned, not a dishonest statement. I also think had we been able to grow NYC 200 flying without loosing DTW flying we would have, but staffing levels didn't allow this to happen and a choice had to be made. As long as hiring levels allows us to staff ATL I would expect DTW and MSP to remain stable. I also believe management expects hiring levels to allow this to happen.

So yes, I do see this as a spec of dirt. Nothing more. Though if the vocal few keep spouting "this place sucks" it may become a self fulfilling prophecy by keeping new hires from choosing this airline, and to continue our growth those new pilots are all we need.

If you are considering a lateral move to EDV or coming here as a new hire do not let A and TT deter you from what would be a good step in your career.