View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 05:49 PM
Deadbone
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2015
Position: 737, Right

Originally Posted by I miss my dog View Post
A couple of thoughts for those still waiting- Don't put too much stock in USAjobs status - mine still says received and I have an FOL and report date. A friends' status went to Not Hired and he got the call for an interview not long after that.

There are a lot of openings but not necessarily at the location you may want. I had to compromise there.

Getting a little prep before the GA ride in AFW is helpful if you haven't done that type of flying in awhile. Why get to that final point and risk blowing it over a couple of hundred dollars? I didn't find anyone locally in Dallas familiar with the process to prep me. ATP said they only fly with program students now and American Flyers wasn't helpful at all. I did get an hour in my local area which helped a little.

I tried calling some of the Front Line Managers beforehand and although they were all nice, most were confused with why I was calling. None of them realized that listing is now nationwide and kept asking if I applied to their location listing or said they weren't hiring right now but told me to watch for listings for their locations, which of course no longer exist.

Thanks for all the good info on here. It definitely helped with the long and confusing process.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I was there three years and it never showed me as hired.