View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 08:45 PM
SongMan
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: Cessna 150 Left seat

Originally Posted by ppilot View Post
I was 30 and working at an office when I started flying (just for myself. I had no idea I'd end up doing it for a living.) Figured I'd need the instrument, then at 250 hours I got the commercial just for something to do. Then I felt like I should use the commercial, bit the bullet and got the CFI. I started instructing part time, got the other instructor ratings, and started flying pt. 135 (all part time, while working at the office.)

So, I never had the guts to 'bite the bullet and leave,' at least in the way that someone going to work for an airline would. But one day I was offered a corporate job flying small jets. It was nervous and scary, but since I've made the move it's been just fine. The money is better than I made programming computers, and my whole outlook on life is soooo much better.

Just wanted to give another thought to you. There are options outside of the airlines.
How do you and other guys just get offered a jet corporate job??? seriously. I see sooo many instructors who would kill to get their foot in the door of Corporate Jet. I'm really curious.