View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 08:20 PM
tattooguy21
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: military rotary wing, dual seat

Originally Posted by 60av8tor View Post
Many give BCOM??? That's absolute garbage, and something I've personally never seen. I get the COM and experienced it when I announced my intention of retiring at 20 and 11 days - honestly deserved COM near the end - but BCOM? Yeah you have to manage and can't throw out ACOMs willy nilly, but if you're handing out BCOMs to 'manage' your profile, you shouldn't be rating folks. (not saying you personally).

Full disclosure - I retired as the system was changing, so perhaps profiling is more difficult now, but giving a guy a BCOM who truly doesn't deserve one, bailing or not, is crap.
I'm a 64 guy and I've seen it happen 5 student times in the past 7 years. I think its absolutely ****ty you screw sometime out of promotion by not letting hrc know you're done, but make NO mistake, with our community at the strength it is now, if you tell them you're done you will become subhuman to them and that may not be reflected on the oer (you'll probably get center mass), but you'll be bottom of the barrel for everything else between now and then.

Not every unit maybe, but I've been doing this 19 years , so take my words with a grain of salt if you want. You've got a 50/50 chance I figure, because if you knew you'd be good, you wouldn't have came here to ask.