View Single Post
Old 03-25-2017, 06:48 AM
Atlas Shrugged
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2010
Position: 747 CA

I have been asking the younger regional FO's why did they come to Alas? They pretty much all say that it is better than where they were, but only marginally better at this point. They came here thinking that we would have a good contract by now. They now see the facts and are leaving ASAP.

Should you turn a job down at Atlas? Well, that is the multi million dollar question for many younger pilots. I'll say a pilot 40 or younger. I tell people to come here if you have no other job offer. Is Atlas horrible? No, it is not that bad except for the fact that everywhere else is better now. Even K4 seems better now!

Atlas and Connie are about the only companies left in the true old skool freight/charter world. Atlas used to be the best of the worst, but the landscape has changed now.

Many of us old skool guys simply don't want to fly pax and are too established in our ways to make a change. Nobody wants to give up being a Skipper on a Whale to start at the bottom again. But when you have only been here a year or so and have a degree, you have to look at the simple math. You will lose over a million dollars by coming to Atlas. You decide...

Last edited by Atlas Shrugged; 03-25-2017 at 06:50 AM. Reason: grammar