View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 01:51 PM
Mesabah
:-)

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Originally Posted by JesuitValen View Post
The rep i talked to went further than that. We want money for dual qual and the company has to spend money to get us trained up, and Delta doesn't expect us to have the 200s long enough that we'd get the return on investment.

I know there's a five year plan guys, before you start. Either the dual qual isn't as big a money item as the company pretends or we ain't keeping the 200s very long (which was always the plan until metaphorically 5 minutes ago)
Well, the bridge agreement ends in a couple years, theoretically, we could be Comair'd at any time. However, long term, I think Endeavor is the most attractive, since we have no long term contracts on any aircraft. I see Delta eventually moving regional flying in house to 9E, then ceasing all regional operations over the next 15-20 years. The economics of anything under 100 seats just aren't in the long term interests of Delta, IMHO.

The ultimate reason for this, is Trump is deregulating a lot of the rules that require RJ service in some cities, i.e. slot restrictions, essential service, perimeter rules, etc. Delta has small monopolies on those heavily regulated airports. When this deregulation happens, even the C-series is simply too small to meet demand.