View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 07:52 AM
EMBskillz
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: E145 FO

Originally Posted by A319 View Post
Wow. I think I must clarify what I mean. I definitely want us to be compensated as best we can be. I certainly want as much money in my pocket as I can get, especially with the company making as much money as it is. I am not "anti-union" by any means, I fully support our unions efforts and our pilot group. My whole point is that wearing a lanyard isn't going to solve any problems. And it certainly isn't anyone's business if I wear a lanyard or not. Also, it's no ones business if I start the APU or single engine taxi, that's my decision. However, I do support our efforts and hope that we do secure a great contract. Although, I don't think we will get a contract that is terrifically better than our peers, I think it will be along the lines of what our peers have now. If I'm wrong, then that's great, I'd love to be pleasantly surprised by the outcome of these negotiations. No, I won't be picketing on the 19th, because, just as with the lanyard, I don't think it is really going to help the situation.
Cherist man, I remember reading about the jetBlü guys in the 2000's justifying their lo pay with quik upgrades. Also they used to hire anti union types which kept them outta da monee for years. Hope this isn't the way it is there. I have been tryin to get on at F9 for a little while. Definitely dont need the drag on the industry types. It sounds like this is not the prevalent attitude here tho.