View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 02:00 PM
Jetalc
Pro Button Pusher

Joined APC: Mar 2005
Position: A320 Series CA

Originally Posted by dracir1 View Post
Ladies, ladies...

First of all, this is an anonymous blog. It should remain as such and anyone threatening to change that for any one or group of people is just as despicable as the person they are trying to out.

Second, all this back and forth is doing the exact opposite in terms of providing hiring info to potential new hires - It is actually driving people away. Maybe that's your goal but I'm junior enough to still want numbers below my seniority as soon as possible.

Third, and most importantly, everyone has an opinion. A319 has his/hers and no matter how bad you think it is, your reactions to him justify his beliefs. We should be embracing him and showing him the err of his ways in a calm, polite matter.

Do you really want unity or do you just want to complain?
1. How did you know I was a lady? Outed again...
2. Embracing? Don't think so. His opinions, to which yes, he is of course entitled, undermine our efforts. It's just a discussion - I (and many others) strongly disagree with his opinion, and feel that his thoughts as put forward in this forum, undermine the unity we are trying to achieve. I believe this has been done in a fairly calm manner, and the fact that he feels "victimized" by our "harsh words" is standard OP for those that try to make a splash with words like his and expect, since he's pretty senior, that everyone will just fade away and not say anything. Not me.
3. I kind of like complaining - especially when it's for an obvious wrong. And it is rather therapeutic.
4. Driving away new-hires - you probably have a point there. It's tough when we are earning 40% below the industry standard in compensation, are in the middle of a (most likely) contentious fight to get a fair contract, and are tired of the idiocies of those who are "running the show". I'm sure the potential new hires look right past that stuff and look at the tone of a discussion on an anonymous discussion forum...

Look - I hear what you're saying, and a little less adversity would probably be appropriate. Just hard to let comments made by certain individuals slide based on a "difference of opinion" without injecting some opposing view. If that's too "harsh" for A319, maybe he shouldn't have made all of the idiotic comments in the first place?