View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 03:35 PM
Otterpilot88
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Interview process is very laid back usually a skype call with the chief pilot of the base you would be working for with a goal of getting to know you and making sure you are a good fit for the company. If you need someone to email you resume to feel free to PM me and I will get your resume to where it needs to go. We use Arinc/FOS on the iPad so your schedule is always on there and u can refresh as much as you want to see what is coming up. I have been here for 5 years now and have flown on one of the busiest airplanes in the company and I would say most of the time you know well in advance of upcoming trips although there is occasional pop up trips which happen occasionally but not that much I would say 95% of the trips you will see coming up in advance on ur schedule. Depends on the airplane you are assigned but pretty much you submit which days off you want for the upcoming month by the 15th of the current month and they will review them and let you know when they are approved. When this happens that will be your hard days off which will be 8 days and you will have another approx 6 or so days at home on top of that where you are technically on standby but there are no trips. Could be more or less depending on the month and how busy company is. As for benefits we do have 401K it is 25% of first 6% of ur contribution that company will match I could be a little off on that but it is very close. We have Blue Cross Blue Sheild health insurance and it is 80/20 pretty good insurance for the most part and it costs me $208 per pay period which is every two weeks and cover me and my wife. Dental is MetLife and costs $9 every pay period same coverage... Vision is $4 every pay period and same coverage... lots of other options for long term and short term disability and all of that some is company covered for you but optional cost for your wife and yourself but not a huge deal.Company is currently going through a process with owners to review compensation and benefit levels with goal of increasing them across the board due to competitive market and more to come on that by end of the year. Please let me know if ur interested and I would be more than happy to forward your resume on!