Thread: ATP practical
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 05:18 AM
MikeF16
Otto

Joined APC: Jul 2013
Position: Turkish Pile Driver

Originally Posted by manchild View Post
All valid points. Unfortunately, there was nothing I could do about the new ATP requirements. Everyone's going to have to spend about $5k on the ATP-CTP now, and shopping around doing the practical in a light twin was going to cost me about the same especially needing to remove a centerline thrust restriction. Closest deal was Mil2ATP, maybe a few hundred less, but I was still gonna have to travel. Sky Warrior offers a similar deal. Bottom line is it's gonna be about $9k.

Correct, I have no delusions that time in the sim makes me better or anything like you said. But, it was a lot more fun and relevant flying a jet than a Seminole or something with lots of weird levers, haha.
Yeah, the relevance of my 6 hours of twin time (can't even remember the name) is 0. The entire ATP requirement for a fixed wing military pilot with over 1500 hours is ridiculous. I thought there was still a significant cost saving by going the light twin route, if not then I take back at least some of my previous post.

On the bright side, once you get through all this the job will ultimately be worth the pain of getting it.