View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 12:43 PM
Expat87
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2013

I just left after many years. Ill keep it simple and say donīt waste your time at Copa. From my first experience interviewing, until my last day turning in my badge, it is a constant struggle of finding out information and finding out who actually knows what is going on in the operation. The chief pilots will NEVER answer an email to you and good luck getting anyone to pick up a phone.

My upgrade experience was equally hilarious and frustrating. I suffered a 2 year delay in my upgrade because the AAC (FAA) in Panama decided to change the requirements for FOs to upgrade. Not Copaīs fault there but you see there are a myriad of problems in the government that also make it difficult to work.

Prices in Panama are also out of control. Food, apartments, cars... everything is more expensive then most of the US.

The money isnīt bad at Copa starting year 1 and when I went there it was significantly higher than in the US at a regional. Now you will make the same at the regionals in much better working conditions. The Reserve rules there are also outrageous and basically have you on a 2 hour call out for 14 hours. In that 13th hour they can call you for a 7 hour flight to Rio...

I could go on and on so feel free to PM me. I made my time in Panama fun and I avoided the Regional nightmare in the US 5 years ago but now I would NEVER advise someone to go there. The company just doesnīt care and they never will.