Old 04-12-2017, 08:54 AM
Bluedriver
The REAL Bluedriver

Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: Airbus Capt

Originally Posted by sulkair View Post
How is this a great post?

He writes:

"...you can keep being angry about not being employed at a desirable airline..."

And then speaks about elevating everyone in the same sentence!

How do you elevate by insulting?

Coming on here with this: "you're not a Major airline" B.S. is meant to sting, and it's meant to be insulting. We all freaking know we're a ULCC! OK!? We all know we're not Delta!

It's like someone pointing out to you that you're not that pretty. No $#!T I look in the mirror every day, I think I know that!
The part about the DOT saying your a major being crap. Your company, and MY company have a LONG way to go before we can call ourselves majors in the sense that most of us think about majors. Legacy is a different term altogether and simply means "before deregulation". Like Alaska. Most people wouldn't put Alaska in the same category as DL, UAL or AA especially with their current contract. Yet they are a legacy.

Defending either of our companies before our management gives us the contracts we deserve is illogical.

We aren't competitive"majors" until then. I think that's what he meant, and I read into it.

We are the fat girls at the dance right now. Wishing it wasn't true doesn't change that, unless you consider Skywest a desirable major.