View Single Post
Old 04-13-2017, 04:31 PM
Yumyum
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: CaptFo

Originally Posted by Iceberg View Post
I've spent 14 months commuting to NY vs at home in Detroit. I've spent barely any of that. No crash pad, I can commute in and out same day except for the rare occasion. I've cabbed twice- $30 total. Never missed a commute, it's been close but the company has gotten me there. Extensions/IROPS don't cost you money, if anything they pay you more. Headaches happen everywhere, they make pills for that. I get that it's not ideal, I'm waiting for the day I can be home based again. The thing is, no one is forcing you to do what you are doing. The bankruptcies were a raw deal. The merger was a raw deal. The current push to the northeast is a raw deal. But life goes on and you've got to make the best of it. Commute to a good line or sit reserve at home, but maybe try seeing the bright side of S$&@. There's options.
I spent quadruple that and have been burned. Extensions and IROPS COST ME MONEY. You see if can't get home that's a problem with the family. It's cost money to find a last minute babysitter.