View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 05:22 AM
SkyHigh
Self Employed.

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Corporate Pilot
Default Regrets

Originally Posted by RxPilot View Post
First hand accounts like this scares me. However, there's a strong desire to fulfill being a professional pilot, a feeling that won't go away. So I too am pursuing a pilot career at almost 40yr of age. I realize I'll have to take an 80% paycut from my current career, but It's a race against time for me, and I don't want to regret not having done it when I'm on my death bed.
Regrets come in many forms. It is poor logic to use it as an excuse to turn your life upside down. It is impossible to go through life without regrets.

Here is an example: "I regret having thrown away a good career that paid well, respected me and let me be home at night. I regret becoming a pilot and turning my back on the needs of my family. I regret leaving the center of my friends and family to spend my days alone in strange cities and empty hotel rooms. "

A better plan is to evaluate which ones you can live with and the ones you can not. Aviation is powerful and can influence people to do great damage to themselves.

SkyHigh