View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 10:15 AM
atpwannabe
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Math Teacher

Originally Posted by Av8trxx View Post
There are even people making a career change in their late 40's, so it can be done. Not matter what your age, if you really want something, you are only going to end up older and still be wanting it if you don't pursue it. For some people happiness is more important than security or money. However, you must be realistic about what you can expect out of flying as a career if you do attain it. Many people dream about becoming a pilot, but the reality is often not what they expect.

Very well stated.

I'm 45 years of age and just completed a discovery flight and scheduled for the 1st class medical exam on 9/26. My hope is to attend the Private Pilot Program in Daytona then transfer to JAX and complete the Airline Career Pilot Program there. Fast track. My desire is to fly for either Comair or ASA.

As far as finance, I'm walking in the door with cashier's check in hand for the full amount. I don't need any distractions whatsoever. That includes monies, getting back with ex-wife (I have one child...a son, 3 yrs old, named Caleb), or even trying to start a new relationship etc., etc., etc.

My suggestion to you, NittanyLion, my friend would be to do the research, make a decision, and then ask God for direction. If this is something you have always wanted to do, then go for it. Don't look back. Focus all of your energies and resources in accomplishing your goal. For me..."faith makes all things possible, not easy."

Best wishes...blue skies.

atp

Last edited by atpwannabe; 09-21-2007 at 12:03 PM.