View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 07:48 AM
JohnBurke
Disinterested Third Party

Joined APC: Jun 2012

Originally Posted by arthur106 View Post
1-Because that's my job. They were discovery flights where want-to-be top gun Asian tourists get their first experience flying a plane. I fly right seat, they fly left.

2-Possibly, but I've had fouled plugs before and I really don't believe this to be the case.

3-I don't have a problem sharing planes. I do have an issue with firing an employee because they politely asked to have $2 fuel sticks in each of the planes. I'm not working somewhere where employees are fired for voicing concerns (in an appropriate manner).

4-Totally uncalled for.
The reason you're no longer there is very apparant.

Beggars had best not be too choosey, lest they be unemployed beggars You're the beggar. If you havent figured it out yet, your emoloyer is the chooser.

You may have been doing discovery flights, but you were the pilot in command. Not your passenger. Whether you were right seat or left is irrelevant.

Take that responsibility. Own it.

Whether you failed to properly lean or simply had a moment of hesitation due to the carb float position or another pilot induced cause, the problem could not be duplicated and you couldnt replicate it. Your melodrama in terming it to be an engine failure (ever had one?) betrays inexperience, as does your assertion that you know it wasnt "fine."

You seem to feel at 300 hours that you have the tiger by the tail and know more than everyone else.

Go ahead and tell your next prospective employer across the interview table about your integrity in standing up to your ladt employer. Tell your prospective employer all about your righteousness. Tell him how you taught your former employer a lesson, put him in his place. The industry needs more 300 hour pilots who know everything, and that week of experience is the kind if foundation that will springboard you to captain in no time flat.

#4, incidentally, is not only called for as the unvarnished truth, but kind and generous. I tactfully refrained from calling you an idiot.