View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 02:33 PM
JesuitValen
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Originally Posted by Green Needles View Post
Where do you get $2 per hour? The number I'm getting right from the union is no retention payment and a $19 per hour increase. That is a $6.55 pay cut at guarantee. $5895 per year less that you'll be making.
We've had these discussions a million times and you and others still play stupid. The money you get now has no 401k matching. Furthermore you're being paid vacation and sick pay at this low rate. If they were to increase the pay dollar for 75 hour on the retention bonus you're total compensation goes up linearly because sick and vacation pay isnt free, 401k matching isn't free either.

If you just want the retention, FINE, but it is running out. If Delta decides to park the stupid 200s at the same time they won't need to worry about keeping the retention because you'll lose more than half the pilot group in a wave of about 80 per month.

Maybe theres some wiggle room on 19 bucks an hour vs 22 bucks an hour. Or 23 bucks an hour. But 25.50 an hour (or whatever 23k/12/75 is) is a pay increase ABOVE the retention to match 401k/sick/vacation for everyone.

Maybe the union could work out 25 bucks an hour but vacation and sick time pays out at old rate and your only match 401k to that lower hourly figure. Then youd at least get the extra to show up for work and 150% matching but payroll can't pay you correctly now through incompetence and lack of contractual understanding.

That's why i keep saying what I'm saying. It's your ball and your court. Dont make stuff up is all I'm shouting about. 19or20 an hour isnt a paycut for total compensation to a pilot.