View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 11:37 AM
PRS Guitars
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2013
Position: A320 CA

Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post
Maybe you should take some of disposable income from your good paying corporate job and start flying in the GA world where you won't have to deal with many (if any) of the things that you seemed to dislike about the military flying world.

This is a timely post because I was just complaining to a guy next to me (who was looking at his old SkyWest FAR cross reference cheat sheet thing) about how much EASIER it was flying in my military community than it is even in my P135 job - to which he replied - oh it is even worst in -121 world and then showed me his cheat book.

I've have to say from my perspective - if you didn't like the paperwork and the rules under military flying, you aren't going to like the world of P135/P121 flying.

Lots of people say that flying professionally takes the joy out of it and turns a passion into a job. I haven't found that to be true personally, but I am longing for some less *structured* flying too (or maybe I just miss going upside down sometimes!)

Best of luck in your decision.
I guess it depends what branch/equipment you flew in the military and what airline you're at now. Because, I'd disagree with this, I was AF F16/T38. I find the Airline flying far easier, and much less work goes into it. Just set up the proper documents (all provided to you by someone else) on your iPad, and off to the races.

Also, you are paid according to how hard you work in the airlines. Work your ass off and make a lot, work a little and make less, as opposed to the Air Force, work your ass off most of the time and make the same regardless.