View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 06:08 PM
CFI Guy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013

Originally Posted by Subieguy14 View Post
as the title says, passed my CMEL checkride today (very stressful... haha). Taking my CSEL next week. Other than climbto350 and here/jetcareers, where should i be looking for jobs? ive been trying to come up with a list of aerial surveying companies. I live in Atlanta, so it would be nice to get a local job, but it seems like most low time involves me moving somewhere. I have my Instrument, CMEL and take my CSEL this coming Wednesday.

I have 250 TT(50 in a sim), 200 total flight time, 110 SE, 93 Multi

p.s- I am not sure if i would make a good Instructor... i am at ATP and could have an option to go through the 3 week course but i do not think i will be able to do it honestly and i would prefer to not make the student suffer or fail checkrides etc. because i am a bad instructor.
Get your CFI! I never thought I would be a good instructor either and almost passed on ATP's CFI program myself. I'm really glad I didn't. During the recession it was the only thing that kept me flying.

You will learn a lot during the teaching process. I also made a lot of contacts through instructing. Some people who fly little planes also fly big ones. I've met more than one chief pilot, director of operations, current airline pilot, etc., through flight instructing. I landed my current gig through a referral from a former student.

If you can get a job at ATP then put your head down and build time as fast as you can. As soon as you hit 1500hrs you'll get a regional job.