View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 06:15 PM
Subieguy14
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015
Position: Right Seat

Originally Posted by CFI Guy View Post
Get your CFI! I never thought I would be a good instructor either and almost passed on ATP's CFI program myself. I'm really glad I didn't. During the recession it was the only thing that kept me flying.

You will learn a lot during the teaching process. I also made a lot of contacts through instructing. Some people who fly little planes also fly big ones. I've met more than one chief pilot, director of operations, current airline pilot, etc., through flight instructing. I landed my current gig through a referral from a former student.

If you can get a job at ATP then put your head down and build time as fast as you can. As soon as you hit 1500hrs you'll get a regional job.
Yeah, i am just not sure i will be able to handle the firehose to the face of information in their program. The checkrides also scare me.... 6 hour oral minimum? I will get the pleasure of learning from Todd Shellnutt though if i do end up doing the CFI course since my home location is LZU, which i might while i look for a job just so i can at least try for the endorsements and maybe figure out if i would like it or not.