View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 07:01 PM
Subieguy14
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015
Position: Right Seat

Originally Posted by CFI41500 View Post
Look into American Flyers CFI program in Pompano, and Addison I believe. I went the day after getting my Commercial and was done in a month. It is a lot of studying, but mainly stuff you probably should have known in the first place. You dont know if teaching is for you or not until you do it, cause its like no other flying you have done before. If you are scared of the studying and the 6 hour oral, then aviation may not be for you, because the studying never stops, you'll be doing recurrent retraining like twice a year as an airline pilot, you dont think thats stressful either? The odds of you getting a job flying anything with anything under 500 hours thats NOT instructing are incredibly slim. Just get the CFI and start building hours and flying, because the demand is there. It will open up tons of doors
The studying part isn't really the issue. i could study for a checkride and the whole recurrent thing, everyone just talks about how hard the CFI course is, and 4 of the 9 that started are already kicked out on the second week. not sure what it is but im gonna give it a go. see what happens