View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 08:50 AM
planecrazyjenn
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: BE-76

Sid...are you looking at air carrier or GA ops inspector? Both of my parents are ASI's *ick*...

For ops I know they require 1500TT, not sure what the break down is for that - PIC/ME, etc. I know they both make a pretty penny now, but they've been there a while now. I could certainly ask what their pay was when they first started, although both came from previous gov't jobs. I'm sure if you went to www.faa.gov it'll show it somewhere on a vacancy.

As for hiring, go talk to the FSDO in your area. That's always a good start. Go on the FAA website and look to see if they have any vacanies...and all the forms are on there for you to start.

Schedule...they both work 8-4. Typical holidays, and every other Friday off. They do travel a lot though...they have their own offices...and yes like everyone else at the FAA they obviously know it all.

Anywho, yeah start by going to their website www.faa.gov/jobs/ I think it is. You can apply online. If you still have any questions, let me know and I'll call them for you.