View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 09:36 AM
Iflyfr8
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: LJ35 PIC

Originally Posted by AviationStudent View Post
The flight schools that I have gone to have had on option of taking a year contract (which of course pays more) or going month to month. Anyway, I am aware that the pay is low for the FO program, but me personally, I would rather be flying a "real" flying job then instructing. I really don't want to go the 121 route either, so I was hoping to hope on a 135 outfit shortly after finishing school.

Just another question if anyone knows, if I would enter Airnet FO program, does my sinority start when I am a FO, or when I move into a PIC?
Yes there have been people with less than 500 hrs that got on with AirNet(SIC program). I not sure on what number of people, with what kind of background, get on. These days getting a 135 job shouldn't be too hard anyways.

People stay here anywhere from one to 30 years. The majority probably leave after 12-15 months and the folks that stay for the Lear PIC time probably stays anywhere from 3-10 years. If you stay as a Lear PIC 5-7 years you might get the 5000 hrs you want. I've been here a while and still have not gotten quite that much
Yes your seniority start from your hire date (yes, even as an prop SIC).

The only advise I'll give is this: slow down and take your time, make sure you have as much information as possible before you make any decision. Today it's a pilot's market so make the most out of it!