View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 07:10 AM
tom11011
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013

Originally Posted by jegermeister View Post
SFB you can hold out of training. Movement within the base will be slow. The best opportunity for movement is at the newer bases.

PGD is probably your next best option. With CVG and FLL to follow.

Reserve is a moving target. Upgrades are currently at about 1.5 years if you're willing to move around. That will go up for someone hired now. Growth is slowing for the Airbus transition, attrition has slowed since the signing of the contract, and there are senior F/O's waiting to hold Airbus captain in their base. I would guess reserve will run about a year for a new hire now. Although it varies by base. Some senior F/O's bid it during the slow months to avoid working. Reserve here is unlike reserve at your regional. You are home every night, have 12 days off a month, and can go above 72 hours by picking up a trip on your off days.

I don't believe DTW is even on the radar for a base. Even if it were, it'd be a while before it would go from announcement to opening. In the mean time you'd be commuting. This is a great job if you live in base. I wouldn't plan on commuting as a long term plan.

I would recommend passing on Allegiant if you want to stay in DTW. Delta would be a much better choice. If Allegiant is your goal and moving to a base is an option, then it would be good fit.

Be honest with yourself about what you want. Those that are here that want to leave are those that want bigger jets, more money, etc.
I'll have to agree with all that as well.

During our town hall meetings, the company brings up all the time which cities are possible bases all the time. DTW has never been one of them that I recall.

My advice to anyone thinking about coming to Allegiant is to think about what you really want. You are not going to get rich here. But if it is quality of life you seek and would like to live in one of the bases and be home each night, this might be the place for you. To take advantage of Allegiant's greatest benefit, don't commute. Otherwise there is no reason to come here unless you see it as a stepping stone.