View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 04:48 AM
FormerTWPilot
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by Sakonnet View Post

Your quiet demeanor is not one that will help these issues be resolved. You simply sat back and watched instead of having the courage to speak up. These are not the qualities of a leader in this business.

-A Former Tradewind Captain
So unfortunately your assumptions are incorrect good sir. On multiple occasions I addressed issues with the former chief pilot who has since been promoted. A good eighty percent of my emails would go completely unanswered. Even when I would include in the closing statement of the email "please respond to confirm that you have received this email," I would still 80% of the time not get any response. Then when I would see him in person and would ask about the email I sent, I would get the response: "Oh yeah! Sorry I have been really busy, I will get back to you." He is a nice guy and I enjoy his company on a personal level, but he is in WAY over his head when it comes to running a pilot group that has grown as large as Tradewinds has. I get that when you are a chief pilot you become the liaison between corporate and the pilots and you must lean in the direction of corporate. But he was taking it to the extreme and breaking the law in regards to several HR concerns on multiple occasions. After getting no response in regards to addressing concerns directly with him initially, I just documented them via email and told myself that he had no clue what he was doing. I know the replacement CP was off to a good start when I left, but I have heard through the rumor mill that he is getting micro managed by the old guy and things are starting to quickly get back to the way they were. Tradewind is so good at taking one step forward and two steps back. Ownership really needs to take a personal interest in talking with all the pilots about the job performance of their pilot leadership. I really think it would be eye opening for them to hear some honest feedback.