View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 08:01 AM
Fourpaw
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2012
Position: Airplane

Originally Posted by swaayze View Post
Spend one hour teaching her to drive a stick. It just isn't that difficult (unless you live in SFO I suppose). Go to the junkyard or rockauto.com and get a sensor for the jeep that is now your airport car. Sell the pos Subaru and pay down the Mazda note. Get her to buy into a zero debt lifestyle somehow, someway. Once the debt is gone and you can swing a nicer car for her with cash the jeep can be traded for her mostly status-based car desires and you get the Mazda back.

Good luck.

I live off of Rock Auto, 99% of the time they are they best deal in town. This whole issue with the Jeep began with replacing an old sensor with a Rock Auto sensor. Apparently you shouldn't use anything besides OEM for crank sensors. Car won't run right now with the Chinese knock-offs, hence why I am waiting for the OEM one.

She is very into the debt free lifestyle, just need to understand the concept of depreciation when it comes to cars. By the way, we are a single income household with two kiddos, always have been...so finances can be pretty tight at times.

Thanks for all the feedback.