View Single Post
Old 05-21-2017, 05:38 AM
captainv
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: Knuckle-dragging line pilot

Originally Posted by Egg320 View Post
The 767 side of Atlas is totally different than the 747 side, in a good way. I have been on both sides and the 767 side is much more enjoyable.

BayBum
Why is that? Please elaborate..[/QUOTE]

Attitude is everything. The schoolhouse sets the tone - 767 is about teaching and instruction. 747 is about evaluation and checking (although it's getting better). The 767 is more regional - you'll find yourself in certain "buckets" of flying. Domestic cargo, a few spots in Asia, or AMC (domestic/Germany/Kuwait, mainly). For example, if you're in TPE, your pattern will typically stay intact. on the 747, your pattern can change every time you land. on the 747, i was typically out close to 17 days and was usually on the other side of the globe. on the 767, except for CA OE, i haven't been abroad since July, and do more like week on/week off (well, 8 or 9 on). On the 767, I also feel like a pilot again.

but again, the 747 is getting better. new CAs bring new attitudes, and the ship is slowly turning around in MIA.

more $$$ on the 747 side. i would've gotten a ton more PIC on the 747 had I waited. but for me, 767 is the right fit.