View Single Post
Old 05-23-2017, 07:57 AM
veewan
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2013
Position: On the right hand side

Originally Posted by mpet View Post
A regular reserve day is 3.5 because it's 14/4 which is 4:1 trip rig (regional airline standard) since time on rap doesn't involve duty (in the sense you have an actual assignment with an airplane or the airport)

It's 14 hours because 10 is the minimum off between rap periods. I honestly think of what you mentioned this is the LEAST likely to change. When they have you on a reserve day, they want you until they are sure they can't use you legally, and sometimes not even then

Airport reserve is 4 because it is 8 hours, on duty for the 2:1 duty rig (regional airline standard)

I think most of this is all industry standard to be honest. 12 hours bottle to throttle is however, not. I've seen 10, and 8 at most places.
I think a lot of this used to be industry standard (regional), but now is the time to raise the bar again My though on contract negotiations is to get the best possible work rules and compensation. Presenting what the competition is offering to the company gives you a better position to negotiate from. Granted there are over 2 years until we even get to openers, I think new hires should be thinking about this.

To address these in order SkyWest has negotiated for 4.2 min day even on reserve, which gives them 12/13 days off per month. Republic and Air Wisconsin have 12 days off on reserve as well.

14 hours on reserve with 10 between is not the biggest deal in the world, but again I am suggesting that we should look to improve conditions for those behind us. SkyWest has 2 short call RAPs which only go for 12 hours, with two early release evaluations (RE1 0400-1600 or 0500 to 1700: 0900/1200, and RE2 0900-2100: 1400/1700)

As for LCR, their language says that a minimum of 20% must be LCR, our LOA has language saying 18% or greater but with a caveat that the company has the right to reduce the percentage to 0% based on operational need. I suppose it depends on how the company determines operational need. To me that reads they can decide to offer all short call, where language saying a minimum percentage reads, if we have people on reserve, 20% must be LCR. If no one is on reserve, then you would go to 0 that way.

Airport reserve. From what I understand Republic does not do airport reserve, it is all LCR or short call. At SkyWest they credit 50% of the time sitting, but again just my understanding is that is on top of their guarantee, which means the company is less likely to sit someone without needing to (costs them $$).

12 hours bottle to throttle is definitely conservative! Even the Mormon Air Force is on an 8 hour rule