View Single Post
Old 05-24-2017, 03:55 AM
CargoJockey380
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2017
Default Western Global Airlines

Originally Posted by Former AA Pilot View Post
I took an early retirement from AA at age 52 with my full pension in tact. I've applied to several companies but sort of stumbled upon WGA. Early this week, I had my initial SKYPE interview with HR, Chief Pilot and B747 Fleet Manager. It was an awesome, friendly but professional experience. At the end of the Skype, the HR rep looked at the other two guys and invited me to Miami this week for a sim eval, written test and in person technical interview.

Training was stated as $100 a day and then move to FO pay of $362 per day with a 17 day guarantee. All travel and hotel is paid for training and for the in person interview.

I was told they have around 70 pilots and intend to slightly more than double that number to 150-160. They operate 13 MD-11's and 2 747-400 freighters. Upgrade time can be anywhere from 3 months to 1 year depending on need and experience but DOES require a recommendation from a Check Airman.

I'm sharing this information so as to help anyone else interested in working for this company.

I would greatly appreciate any additional info about ANY and ALL aspects of being a pilot for WGA.

Thanks everyone and fly safely.
Thx for the info Former AA Pilot.. I have heard similar reviews about the interview process.. Very professional and friendly.. I would love to hear about your next step experience...

Have you heard anything about MD11 upgrade time?? I heard they were limited on eligible upgrade candidates and may have to hire Captains from the street..