View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 05:44 PM
PSA Recruiter
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2017

Originally Posted by BravoPapa View Post
Do you have a lot of pilots that live in Atlanta and based in Charlotte? That a pretty decent commute?
Do we have a lot of pilots (and flight attendants) that live in ATL and commute? Yes. A lot. We are hiring lots of ExpressJet pilots right now that are choosing that commute.

As far as how easy the commute is, I can't answer that. I know quite a few commute to DCA as well from ATL. There are flights about every hour between ATL and CLT/DCA. You can fly on Delta/AA to CLT, and on AA/Delta/Southwest to DCA.

CVG is a possibility on Delta flights, but I have heard that those are often full due to CVG being an old base for Delta. Frontier flys between the two as well, I believe.

TYS is drivable, depending on which side of ATL you live on.

If there are any pilots on here that commute from ATL, they will be able to answer that question better than me.

Our commuter policy states that you must give it 2 good shots at getting to work. You must list on 2 flights that would get you to base in time to work. If you can't make either, you are not penalized for it. Get to base when you can, and you will get back on your same trip.

Commuters get $250/month in commuter hotels in base, for a total of $3000 a year. You can use them as you wish.