View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 01:03 PM
StrykerB21
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2016

Originally Posted by lukeh99 View Post
I have an interview next week and I'm really looking forward to it. I've heard nothing but good things about Air Wisconsin.

A few questions for people in the know:

1. Where is the movement coming from? From what I have read the new United aircraft are essentially just replacing old AA flying 1 for 1. Is the movement projected based on attrition or is there actual expansion happening?

2. How are the lines currently? I realize UAL flying will be a whole different animal, but what does a middle of the road line currently look like in terms of days off, hours, commutability, etc.

3. Are there any details available regarding the United Career Pathway program? Is there a commitment to a certain % per month, for example?

4. I'm a former 121 pilot with E145 SIC type but I have been out for a few years. Does the extra 8k bonus apply?

Thanks so much!
1. No word about expansion at this point. We currently have about 450 pilots on property so a lot of the movement will be simply rebuilding our seniority list in addition to natural attrition off the top.

2. The lines are typically 4 on 3 off with a lot in open time. Reserves have 12 days off minimum and are used every day. Because of our staffing situation reroutes extensions and junior assignments are pretty common. Prepare to fly a lot. In theory this should get better as more pilots come through IOE.

3. No word about the CPP at this point and I dont think well have any answers to that question until our United flying begins in the fall.

4. I dont know.