Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 01:40 PM
OpenClimb
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014
Position: A320 CA

Originally Posted by QuirkyJules View Post
I try to give the benefit of the doubt. But.... Is there ever any excuse for someone on a DH (on rotation) to bump a commuter off the JS rather than insist on the pos space seat?
Unfortunately, yes, in the case of Frontier's substandard contract. Here's a direct quote:

"Pilots returning to Domicile for legal rest may be assigned a cockpit jumpseat if all seats in the cabin are filled with positive space revenue passengers or other Deadheading crewmembers and the Scheduled Block is less than 3 hours."

Believe me, I'm certainly not saying this is right or the way it ought to be. (So please don't shoot the messenger). I'm just pointing out one possible way someone jumpseating on F9 could be hosed by a deadheading crewmember forced to ride in the jumpseat. I don't think a crewmember could legitimately refuse since it's spelled out right there in the CBA.

Hoping that our now ALPA union leadership will fix this in our next contract.

EDIT: After reading the rest of the thread, I now see that the F9 issue doesn't exactly relate to this situation (and we don't fly out of EWR), but I figured I'd leave it posted just for general awareness.