View Single Post
Old 09-29-2007, 08:05 AM
1st2000
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2007

Originally Posted by Triumph View Post
According to their website, they are hiring directly into the metroliner, is that correct? do you know what you get before you even start class?
There are openings in CVG for Metro pilots right off the street. I also know they just hired a pilot off the street for Bakersfield CA in the Metro. Most Metro job come as internal upgrades. If you are coming right off the street there had to be an internal bid open and close. If no one wants the opening then they go outside. I think Ameriflight lets you pick where you want to go and they don't "assign" where you are based. However, in the case of the Metro or the 1900 there needs to be an opening. There might be a Metro job open in San Angelo TX and of course the one in CVG. You should call Joanie or Sylvia in pilot recruting to see what exactly is open. I just met a pilot who was upgraded to the 1900 in about a year because she took an outstation somewhere in Arizona (I forgot the city). I have heard a lot of stories like that. With my family situation I am sort of stuck in SoCal so I expect the opportunities to be less for me.

I am pretty new here, but there are a lot of very happy pilots at Ameriflight. The management of the flight department is the best I have seen anywhere although there is a rumor the VP is being offered a VP job at another 121 airline. I hope he stays.