View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 06:09 AM
penaltybox
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2014

Originally Posted by DA20god View Post
Hello.. long time lurker, first time poster

Should be nearing my ATP mins here in the next few weeks. My question pertains to bonuses, sap, and moving on to the majors.

Do you have to pay the bonus back if you leave early or is if yours to keep even when a major calls within the first year?

I'm excited to fly jets but I'll be honest, I could not be less excited to be flying for a regional so I'm looking for one that is the best of the worst- im told sap makes this phase a bit better. Can I sap down to almost no work whatsoever? Are there any sap restrictions?

My next question pertains to the flow and moving on to the majors. I'm excited to be an American Airlines pilot flying psa planes but how do I speed up my flow time to bid for either the 777 or a330? Would I have to apply outside of the flow to do this? In today's hiring climate and need at the majors, I assume that I will be at psa for a year tops, 2 at the worst case scenario... but does coming from an AA wholy owned give me an advantage at delta or untied since they'd be stealing aa pilots?

Thanks for the replies, ready to reach this next stepping stone, and move on quickly.
Are you military or have prior 121 time? Making the move to a major as someone new to the industry in a year will be impossible. Plan on at least 5. Also dont be fooled by rhetoric, you will be a PSA pilot flying PSA planes; you can apply to AA outside of the flow, its pretty rare that they hire one of your pilots off the street but it does happen.