View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 07:45 AM
TonyC
Organizational Learning 

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: Directly behind the combiner

Originally Posted by trashhauler View Post

Tony, you were an MEC member. You already know the answer to all those questions. Why don't you enlightened everybody on what goes on in the PSIT?

The reason I'm letting YOU enlighten us about the job is because YOU are the one who rolled in on Adlerdriver claiming he didn't know anything he was talking about and you VOLUNTEERED -- all caps.

I'm not saying there was no work involved, or even that pilots don't benefit from the work. I won't even quibble with you over the use of volunteer vs. paid worker -- nobody should suffer financially because of union work. However, the work is not unpaid, and it does come with certain perks. It also involves working closely with The Company month in and month out, and there are limits to what you can do to fix pairings or build lines. When The Company says it can't be fixed, you have to accept that and move on. While we can refuse to agree on a section of the CBA during Section 6 negotiations, we can't refuse to publish a bid period package.

So, if you think Adlerdriver was incorrect in his observation, instead of getting your nose bent out of joint because you VOLUNTEERED, please tell us about the work of that group and how the skills transfer to the Negotiating Committee. All 4 of the Negotiating Committee members who brought us this CBA were children of the PSIT.