View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 11:33 AM
oldgb
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by Battlinbear21 View Post
Not trying to hijack this thread. I just have genuine interest in QX. And just wanted to give you insight on what's happened on the other side of the country w this issue. I do not have your CBA, but ours at PDT uses a formula if there is a certain amount of open time company required to offer PRM pay. It's gotten so bad they now offer 16 hrs per day of additional flying. our schedules are horrible. Have to be worst in the industry. Every line is 4 on 2 off except maybe 3. This is no joke. And all are min 75 cred. But, people are whoring themselves out every chance they get violating contract and dropping below min days off. Then turn around and gripe about schedules being poor. The company has no reason to give us anything better because the flying is covered. So maybe your best strategy for higher rates would be to not touch prm paying open time, get Jr mans out of the way early and they might be apt to give you what you want quickly. I'll keep my nose out of your thread if no on wants to hear about comparison. Just feel these two airlines are becoming very similar. I'm still embarrassed how we cut eagles throats to get out lame deal of a magical flow. Absolutely disgusted whenever I have to talk about how it all really happened. Watching how poor you have been treated and how they have used Skywest against you. Truly sickening from the outside.
I think Air Group is using Skywest against us. However, if they are willing to pay 200% for open time, and have already cancelled 300+ flights next month, doesn't that show they recognize a higher pay rate for all pilots is justified? Can't/shouldn't that be used in future negotiations? And, why should those that pick up the 200% trips be pressured to not pick them up? Picking them up shows the market rate for pay. Just my $0.02.