View Single Post
Old 09-30-2007, 03:25 PM
TangoBar
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: BE-1900 CA

Originally Posted by sscottky72 View Post
Turbine mins still 1800TT for new hires? So if you get hire with 1200 TT do you still have to wait until you get 1800TT for turbine eligibility or 1500TT?
Sscott, if you're planning on another couple years before applying, it's pretty hard to say what the turbine mins will be at that time. If they need a 99 pilot and you're qualified, you'll get the option. It took about six months for me to get the opportunity, but it could have been eight or nine months. If we feel the pinch from the regionals hiring, then it may happen a lot quicker. My advice would be to get your hours as fast as possible and ask the same questions when the answers won't just be raw speculation.

As for the raise, I'm very happy to be earning more. However, I'm a little disappointed- while Chieftain CPs get a $2+ raise, 99 CPs... don't. I had been expecting parity in the raises, though I guess I can see why that didn't happen- 99 drivers are getting valuable turbine time, they're more locked in by the commitment, etc.

Originally Posted by verticalspeed
Did Ameriflight finally install autopilots in all their aircraft?
No- a few PA-31s don't, and I haven't seen any 99s on the line that do.

Originally Posted by freightdog
Actually they are putting us up in the Homestead Suites now
What, no at the Ramada Limited for you guys?

Last edited by TangoBar; 09-30-2007 at 03:37 PM.