NWSteeringArmer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2013
Position: CRJ-200 CA

Originally Posted by Shrek View Post
THAT is a foolish statement.
Is F9 too large to strike ? No
Has Indigo forced self-help in the past ? Yes

The only debt you should have ideally is your Mortgage on the house. The rest should be payed off and at LEAST a month's expenses put away in savings in cash.
It's not a foolish statement... they saw what happened at spirit... lets do some math...
We operate 280 daily flights... lets say we sell an average of 180 seats per flight (a mix of 319, 320 and 321)... I read the average frontier fare is $115 but that seems to be on the low end... multiply that all together and they'd be losing $5.5M a day on fares alone... they still have to pay for gates, landing fees, keeping the lights on... and they have more expenses I can't even begin to imagine... a bank doesn't throw away north of $7M a day because they hate their labor that much...

I think we will get released... and I think we'll get a TA at the last minute before a strike happens... I'm not really sure what substantial progress is in the NMB's eyes but 3 days spent on 100% dh pay and not having to call the company after being bought off for OE doesn't seem like "substantial progress" to me